YX came to AZ and spent 5 days with us. It was a very special week for me. We've known each other for years now, but never really hung out for such an extended period of time together, just me and her. We had a good afternoon of sharing just what we've been experiencing in the USA, what the Lord has been teaching us, about church and ministry, family, ... and of course loads of random stuff :) The Grand Canyon experience is one that I'll never forget too, seeing God's amazing work and knowing for a fact that God alone is the Creator of it all, the Great Scientist who alone can explain what the human minds cannot!
Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
2 Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
The 5 days with YX just makes me miss home even, even more! I miss my family, all the Jie-mei's in church, my friends, my bed, my comfort zone.... *sob*
***
The second bye is to our friends. the Canfields, who just left for the next leg of their deputation.
I didn't think that I would be so emotional about it. I guess I feel so because I don't even know if I'll ever see them again. We've hung out so much - grilled meals, baby-sitting, playing all kinds of games invented by Hannah & Abby. They are just such sweet people who love the Lord and are willing to take up their cross and follow Him, leaving their comfortable life for the Kenyans whom the Lord has called them to minister to!
Cheerful, loving sister, very sensible girl. I will always remember how when we played hide & go seek in my room, she knew I told Abby where the ball was so Abby could win. Even though she found the ball when Abby hid it, she gave it to me to hide! How sweet!
Creative, sweet cheery smiles, always in a world of her own, courageous, and a Hello Panda and cupcakes fan. Abby loves playing dress-up. The night before they left, at 11pm, she decided she wanted to be a princess, disappeared for some 15min, emerged in a nice, pretty dress! Haha... 'you're being silly' that's what she says most of the time! I will always remember how, when we're playing, she'd trip and fall, but would still stand up and carry on playing! I know how it really hurt, but she'd comfort herself and say "I'm alright!" What a brave girl! We'll make you a picnic party, and have lots of pretty cupcakes when we meet again!
Choco Boy and potato chips fan! He did not say a word! I mean not a single word except making funny noises. I felt bad for him cos he couldn't express his feelings! Well, in this last 2 weeks or so, we've heard him say more words than in the last 2 months! The last he said was to me :) 'Bye bye!' I mean, we tried to get him say bye so many times, but he never did! :) I wonder if he is just very conscious about his deep voice! I mean, he's just 3, but got a very, very deep voice. Cute! Bye Cubba! We'll really miss you too!
We'll be praying for you as the Lord leads you into your mission field.
*sob*
dencyyy...... i'm missing you too!!!
ReplyDelete*BIG HUG*
see you sooon!!!!