I know I'd be home soon. But I can't help but wanted to do something fun for my Ah Ma. Snail mailed it back yesterday. Think it might reach only after I have reached home! Anyhow, I just want it to be a nice surprise! Don't think she has receive anything so hilarious in her lifetime! (So, anyone who knows about this, please just not say anything till it gets to her, ok? tks)
When I was a kid, for some reason, I used to think she was my favorite grandma. I saw her almost every weekend cos my parents would send us there, and for many school holidays, I would stay over at her place. I was talking to Sanyi the other day, and she was telling me that Ah-Ma has really aged. I share that same fear of losing her. Makes me really sad when I think about that. There's a Chinese saying that meant when you have an elderly person in your home, it is as if you have yourself a treasure. Bible teaches us that:
Proverbs 20:29
The glory of young men is their strength:
and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
Job 12:12
With the ancient is wisdom;
and in length of days understanding.
The glory of young men is their strength:
and the beauty of old men is the gray head.
Job 12:12
With the ancient is wisdom;
and in length of days understanding.
She may be grumpy at times, but really, who has never been grumpy? Isn't it pretty scary to have outlived your husband, daughter, friends, etc. Anyway, I've always made it a point to make her happy when I'm around her.. act a little sillier than I really am :) (I used to do that for my paternal grandma, and now my grandma-in law).
But my prayer for her really is that she may come to know Jesus as her Saviour. There is life after death, and Jesus says HE is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, whoever comes to Him will not be turned away, whoever drink from this fountain of Life will never thirst again, whoever eats of this Living Bread shall never hunger again!
Ah-ma has received the mail, so has Dad & Sanyi ;p erm...oh did Sanyi receive hers? Gosh my memory is really bad...I was jus at SAnyi's an hour ago!
ReplyDelete