Sunday, October 14, 2007

Testimonies of Faith

Just got back from evening service. My heart was blessed from the beginning. We sang some familiar songs from the Majesty Hymnal. Then a lady gave an item. I don’t remember her name or the title of the song. But I remembered her little sharing from Titus 2:11-14

As she sang the song, it was not the nice voice that spoke. Really, her voice was not even fantastic. But it was the sincerity in the message she sang that touched my heart. That truly.. “the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; looking for that blessed hope, and glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

We also sang birthday song for an old lady who was going to celebrate her 90th birthday this Wednesday.

The testimony of these 2 dear old Christian ladies really encouraged me. I have never in my life seen myself to be able to live beyond 40 years old. My mom died at 44. I’d stopped thinking that I’d ever live to a ripe old age since then. But seeing these 2 ladies blessed my heart greatly and I pray that if the Lord is willing, I want to live my days till my hair turns grey, serving Him and being a testimony for Him.

That’s just my little thought for the day .

There’s going to be a ladies night out at church this Friday night while all the men head off to Payson for a men’s retreat. I know darling won’t consider going for it as long as he knows I’m going to be alone. Going to the Ladies Night Out would be fun and probably help me get to know more people. I really dunno. I’ll pray and see how the Lord will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment