Monday, February 18, 2008

It's Chinese New Year back home. CNY is really far from our mind as we're not close to anywhere or anything or anyone culturally related to Chinese. The Chinese restaurant nearby and the Asian supermarket didn't even bother to put up any decorations. Haiz.. So, the greatest amount of excitement I felt about CNY was when I spoke to my dad , ah ma and my in-laws. Oh well...

Summary of my stay in the USA thus far:
Rested for the first 2 months here, basically eating, sleeping, reading, and doing 'wifey' stuff which I had been spared the first 2 and half yrs of our marriage - ironing, cleaning, experimenting my microwave cooking skills :) Finally learnt how to iron men's long-sleeves!

The month of December was a pretty busy one. We drove across states to California. We visited friends at Antioch and San Francisco. Almost met Michelle at San Jose, and taste some authentic S'porean cusines. Well, we didn't meet up as her friend was visiting that week too. And we decided to make a detour to a little town in Monterey called Carmel-by-the-Sea. It was a nice little Art-y town.

Then it was back to Arizona to house-sit for a family that went away for Christmas. It was nice as we had the whole house to ourselves for some 10 days. Christmas is a big thing here. Much like what we do during CNY -visit homes, eat, play board games, etc. We picked up a new game called "Settlers of Catan". It's really fun. Much like Risk but more fun! :)

We took classes in January before the official semester started. It was a 'crash course'. Went to class everyday and had readings due everyday, quizzes everyday. So it was a pretty 'intense' 2 weeks.

The Semester officially started mid-Jan. I'm taking 17 credits and another 2 credits of video classes from another university across the country. Basically, I'm taking bible related classes which includes psychology and counseling, and PIANO classes! I can actually play some decent music now! :) The only day I don't have a class is Saturday which I usually spend doing my Sunday Class' homework. Well, though there's a lot of readings and studying, but I must say I have never so thoroughly enjoy studying :)

No comments:

Post a Comment