About a month back, in my Biblical Psychology class, we talked about the different stages of life. My course instructor kind of said something like 30 is the age when people begin to take you more seriously, esp. what you say. That's pretty exciting for me. Age (almost) = wisdom! Well, that also means I have to be really careful what I say too.
When I was younger, I was always afraid to make my own decisions, and would always ask for someone else's opinion. That way, if anything went wrong, I'd have someone else to blame. Sounds familiar? Well, we aren't the only ones. In the garden of Eden, Adam blamed Eve, Eve blamed the serpent!
As I grew a little older, I think I grew a little wiser. [Age (almost) = wisdom!] I begin to watch my 'advisors' and their lives and realised that they don't seem to have all the answers, and, in my opinion, did made some really questionably UNWISE decisions. That's very, very disappointing. Literally crushed my world.
I believe that's the time I started looking for true wisdom! Long story short, I found the TRUE, INFALLIBLE, ALL-KNOWING ADVISOR - GOD! In His revealed word - the bible - I begin to seek wisdom and make my decisions based on it. Once in a while, pretty often in fact, I still try seeking some human wisdom and make decisions based solely on those advice. Sometimes, they were good advice. But many times, I get little slaps of disappointment!
So, on my 30th birthday :), I'm gonna be WISER and put my trust in the ALL-WISE!
Psalm 20:6-8
Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.
Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.
No comments:
Post a Comment